Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Bright Lights, Big City

Yes, Bright Lights and the big city...

I am going on an adventure!  A big adventure to me -- but it seems EVERYBODY else has already been.

I am a city girl, who thinks about living in the country. I dream about a babbling brook in the back yard with a winding pathway between really big cedar, pine and spruce.  I have dreams about walking the dog (I don't even have a dog) along these quiet out of the way trails, that I don't have to leave my yard to get to...  WAKE UP!  Since I don't have my own yard like that, I make do with local parks and trails and dream about a handsome border collie walking along with me...  Right now, it is usually my husband who walks with me and he even barks on occasion, but he is getting too old to chase squirrels or jump for a frisbee...  Maybe I should get a dog??  Well, thats off topic, now...

SO,  Now I have planned and paid for a BIG CITY holiday?  Why, is it because I am influenced by outside sources?  Probably!  My son being that main outside source -- he has been to this big city 5 times!  Okay so my first time to a really big American city.  Am I looking forward to it?  I love new things and this is going to be many new things, so YEPPERS, I am looking forward to it!  What to expect?  They tell me lots of walking -- I'm not so good at walking, but I will cover as much ground as I can without making myself so tired I can't sleep.  Did you ever get that tired?  I have done it a few times...

We will be staying at the big pyramid, THE LUXOR, but there are other things to see.  At one time a few years back I yearned to go to the Mandalay -- I was "into" watching PBR (Professional Bull Riding) and the season finals were at that hotel a few times -- well, I never quite got there, and now I never even see PBR on the sports channel, maybe it is still on, I just don't look for it...

There are SO MANY things, events and sights, shows and even tours out to the grand canyon, that it is almost overwhelming, so, because it is the first time, I am trying not to have expectations and have actually not planned or bought any extra event tickets.  I can go again, if I want, or need.  So I consider this to be an exploratory adventure, mostly to find out if it is worth my time and effort to go again.  

Perhaps because I dream about trees and rivers, trails and beaches, mountains and mossy wooded nooks, I may find that a drive along the Oregon coast would suit me better, or a weekend trip to ride the ferry at Boswell, BC will be as much fun as I can stand?  Sitting on a bench at Pentiction, BC or Parksville on Vancouver Island may be what I really prefer -- but hey, its always nice to know that for sure, so don't look for blog updates here, til next weekend when I am home again.

See you again, in a week!

PS. Did I say, this all happening in Las Vegas, Nevada...